The Trade Member category of membership applies to small business operations owned and run by one individual where there is no distinction between the business and its owner.
Candidates for the proposed new membership category would include (not limited to) those who have qualified in the following trades:
|Brick Layers||Electricians||Brick, Block, and Stone Masons|
|Carpet layers||Carpenters||Fencers Glaziers|
|Water-proofers||Welders||Steel and Metal workers|
To meet the criteria as a Trade Member, the applicant must have qualified via one of the following routes:
- Trade Certificate
- National Certificate (Vocational)
- Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
- Part Qualification; certificate of competency from an accredited training provider
- At least two years practical experience confirmed in writing by an existing Member of the Association
All of the above criteria are recognised South African Qualifications. Proof of qualification must be submitted with the application.
Applicant must be operating a business as a sole proprietor or similar entity in the respective trade.
Applicant must provide at least 2 trade references which are to be checked by the Association.
Trade Member will be required to keep a log book in order to maintain membership. (Association to provide Template)
Applicant must be willing to undergo a screening process which will include being interviewed by the Area Manager.
Applicant must provide a copy of their Identity document.
Applicant must provide proof of residence.
Income tax reference number.
- Compliance Issues
- Building Services
- Occupational Health and Safety
- Membership Meetings
- Access to Information: Website\Blog\Newsletters etc
- Networking opportunities
- Listing on Find a Builder web module
- Listing in Membership Directory
- Access to Private Projects
- Membership Card
Annual fee for Trade Member category, R 1,008.72 per annum - Payment of the full amount is applicable upon application.
To register online for Trade Membership, Click here