WINNER: CROWN HOMES (PTY) LTD - MPOPHOMENI B - AFFORDABLE HOUSING
Free standing well finished two and three bedroom homes that include all finishes that would be the norm for a middle class home, at exceedingly affordable pricing. The adjudicators were impressed by the high standard of workmanship; even though the use of local labour was a prerequisite.
HIGHLY COMMENDED: S'DUMO HOUSING TRUST -MASAKALA RURAL HOUSING PROJECT
The Masakala 500 Rural Housing Development is a reconstruction and developmental project in the Masakala area,10 kilometers from Matatiele in the rural areas of the Eastern Cape.
The building methodology utilised is standard practice processed as follows:
- Platforms are laid out and cut.
- Raft foundations
- Block and Mortar
- Roof trusses are galvanized (lightweight and durable)
- Chromadek roofing sheets for longevity and durability.
- PVC guttering and downpipes
- 2500 liter Jojo rain water tank on a tank foundation (colour coded to paint finish)
- 1000 mm apron all round.
- Site specific design for Storm water drainage.
- External doors treated with a mixture of linseed and varnish(to provide additional durability)
- All building materials used and building standards as per NHBRC specifications.